A yoga therapy session applies the tools of yoga – postures/exercises, breathwork, and body centred mindfulness/meditation techniques – to support your unique physical, mental, emotional needs and empowers you to be an active participant in your own healing process.
Therapeutic Yoga can help with:
- Managing chronic pain or working with physical injury (low back, hips, knees, ankles, shoulders, neck)
- Supporting chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, and other autoimmune disorders
- Navigating mental health challenges (depression, anxiety, disordered eating, trauma)
- Supporting emotional health and wellness
- Increasing balance, bone density, and joint resiliency for healthy ageing
- Reconnecting to a general sense of trust, vitality, and agency in your body again
Katie has been working therapeutically with clients for over 12 years. As a skilful and sensitive therapist, she will guide you in exploring how to safely align your body and deepen your own awareness to facilitate healing. Katie is passionate and experienced with using yoga to support mental and emotional health. Outside of “yoga”, Katie is studying counselling and Somatic Experiencing (body centred psychotherapy for working with trauma and mental health).